hive-user mailing list archives

From "Palani, MuthuKumar A" <Muthu.Ku...@firstdata.com>
Subject Hiveserver2 stops logging
Date Thu, 04 Jun 2015 09:05:28 GMT
Hi Folks,

We are experiencing an issue with Hive that we have not  been able to solve for few weeks.

Hiveserver2 stops logging  with no error messages in the log but continues to process normally
but after few hours or a day,  hive crashes.

When I restart hive, processing is normal and it starts logging again but after some time(
few hours or a day)  the issue of logging stopping and eventually hive crashing repeats.

Please advise if you have similar experience or any ideas in general. Much appreciated.

Thanks,
MuthuKumar

The information in this message may be proprietary and/or confidential, and protected from
disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or
agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this communication in error, please notify First Data immediately by
replying to this message and deleting it from your computer.