hive-user mailing list archives

From Hari Subramaniyan <hsubramani...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Help needed in debugging HCatLoader for Pig
Date Fri, 08 May 2015 21:13:43 GMT
Hi Suraj,

These tests have been executed successfully of late in the precommit build runs, for e.g.
http://ec2-174-129-184-35.compute-1.amazonaws.com/jenkins/job/PreCommit-HIVE-TRUNK-Build/lastStableBuild/testReport/org.apache.hive.hcatalog.pig/TestHCatLoader/
and in my local machine.

So most likely, this is a setup issue.

Thanks

Hari

________________________________
From: Suraj Nayak <snayakm@gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, May 08, 2015 1:14 PM
To: user@hive.apache.org; Hari Subramaniyan
Subject: Re: Help needed in debugging HCatLoader for Pig

Thanks a lot Hari,

I ran the below command from hive-project root:

mvn -Dmaven.surefire.debug="-Xdebug -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=y,address=8000
-Xnoagent -Djava.compiler=NONE" test -Dtest=org.apache.hive.hcatalog.pig.TestHCatLoader -Phadoop-2

and connected from eclipse via remote debugging option successfully. This solved the problem
of debugging.

Now am facing one more issue. There were some test failures. Am looking at it, however, I
will paste the error below if it is common issue(so I don't reinvent the wheel again):

Listening for transport dt_socket at address: 8000
Running org.apache.hive.hcatalog.pig.TestHCatLoader
Tests run: 60, Failures: 9, Errors: 22, Skipped: 3, Time elapsed: 1,428.185 sec <<<
FAILURE! - in org.apache.hive.hcatalog.pig.TestHCatLoader
testProjectionsBasic[0](org.apache.hive.hcatalog.pig.TestHCatLoader)  Time elapsed: 8.82 sec
 <<< ERROR!
org.apache.pig.impl.logicalLayer.FrontendException: Unable to open iterator for alias Y2
at org.apache.pig.PigServer.openIterator(PigServer.java:872)
at org.apache.hive.hcatalog.pig.TestHCatLoader.testProjectionsBasic(TestHCatLoader.java:462)

testConvertBooleanToInt[0](org.apache.hive.hcatalog.pig.TestHCatLoader)  Time elapsed: 4.926
sec  <<< ERROR!
org.apache.pig.impl.logicalLayer.FrontendException: Unable to open iterator for alias data
at org.apache.pig.PigServer.openIterator(PigServer.java:872)
at org.apache.hive.hcatalog.pig.TestHCatLoader.testConvertBooleanToInt(TestHCatLoader.java:571)

testReadDataBasic[0](org.apache.hive.hcatalog.pig.TestHCatLoader)  Time elapsed: 22.188 sec
 <<< ERROR!
org.apache.pig.impl.logicalLayer.FrontendException: Unable to open iterator for alias X
at org.apache.pig.PigServer.openIterator(PigServer.java:872)
at org.apache.hive.hcatalog.pig.TestHCatLoader.testReadDataBasic(TestHCatLoader.java:294)

testColumnarStorePushdown[0](org.apache.hive.hcatalog.pig.TestHCatLoader)  Time elapsed: 3.953
sec  <<< FAILURE!
java.lang.AssertionError: null
at org.junit.Assert.fail(Assert.java:86)
at org.junit.Assert.assertTrue(Assert.java:41)
at org.junit.Assert.assertTrue(Assert.java:52)
at org.apache.hive.hcatalog.pig.TestHCatLoader.testColumnarStorePushdown(TestHCatLoader.java:504)

Thanks!

On Fri, May 8, 2015 at 12:40 PM, Hari Subramaniyan <hsubramaniyan@hortonworks.com<mailto:hsubramaniyan@hortonworks.com>>