hive-user mailing list archives

From Martin Benson <Martin.Ben...@jaywing.com>
Subject Clear up Hive scratch directory
Date Mon, 20 Apr 2015 17:05:20 GMT
Hi,

One of my users tried to run an HUGE join, which failed due to a lack of space in HDFS. This
has resulted in a large amount of data remaining in the Hive scratch directory which I need
to clear down. I've tried setting hive.start.cleanup.scratchdir to true and restarting Hive,
but it didn't tidy it up. So, I'm wondering if it is safe to just delete the content of the
directory in HDFS (while Hive is stopped). Could anyone advise please?

Many thanks,

Martin.

Registered in England and Wales at Players House, 300 Attercliffe Common, Sheffield, S9 2AG.
Company number 05935923.

This email and its attachments are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the
addressed recipient.
Any views or opinions expressed are those of the author and do not necessarily represent Jaywing.
If you are not
the intended recipient, you must not forward or show this to anyone or take any action based
upon it.
Please contact the sender if you received this in error.