hive-user mailing list archives

From Gopal Vijayaraghavan <gop...@apache.org>
Subject Re: map side join
Date Thu, 30 Apr 2015 15:07:53 GMT
Hi,

> its submitting the whole table to the job.  if I use a view with the
>filter
> baked in, will that help?  I don't want to have to jack up the JVM for
>the
> client/HiveServer2 to accommodate the full table.

Which hive version are you using?

If you┬╣re on a recent version like hive-1.0, this should be a map-reduce
only problem.

The LocalTask in map-reduce will download the entire table to the local
task for processing on the HiveServer2 gateway nodes.

Tez has a broadcast edge designed to fix exactly this sort of scalability
problem (i.e HiveServer2 machines dying of CPU).

Cheers,
Gopal