hive-user mailing list archives

From Eugene Koifman <ekoif...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: create statement is not working
Date Sat, 25 Apr 2015 00:28:58 GMT
assuming you have the same issue as HIVE-10242<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-10242>
you need to wait for next release (1.2) which includes a fix(which only applies if you are
using DBTxnManager)
alternatively, you can disable concurrency if that is acceptable

Eugene

From: "Bhagwan S. Soni" <bhgwnssoni75@gmail.com<mailto:bhgwnssoni75@gmail.com>>
Date: Friday, April 24, 2015 at 4:42 PM
To: "user@hive.apache.org<mailto:user@hive.apache.org>" <user@hive.apache.org<mailto:user@hive.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: create statement is not working

in my case it just appeared as a hang.
I understood the problem now i want to know how i can avoid this.

On Sat, Apr 25, 2015 at 3:24 AM, Eugene Koifman <ekoifman@hortonworks.com<mailto:ekoifman@hortonworks.com>>
wrote:
No, I was suggesting a possible explanation for why Create Table may be blocked.
that was the issue in HIVE-10242, but there were no exceptions – it just appeared as a hang.