hive-user mailing list archives

From Guillermo Ortiz <konstt2...@gmail.com>
Subject Create tables is blocked while there are queries executing in a specific database in Hive
Date Wed, 08 Apr 2015 08:30:19 GMT
Hi,

I'm working with Hive.
I have many queries executing in a specific database in Hive and I have
tried to created an table in that database.
The creating gets stopped until the queries end. If those queries last 10
hours I couldn't create any table in the next 10 hours, is it normal? It
seems a little weird. Which is the reason?

I have checked that if I disable the parameter  *set
hive.support.concurrency = false; *I could create tables while there're
queries executing but I don't know the consequences that it means do
disable that parameter although I could disable it just for one hive
console..

Could someone explain me a little about all of this?