hive-user mailing list archives

From Sadhana <sadhan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Create function using custom UDF
Date Fri, 24 Apr 2015 02:50:06 GMT
Yes, functions declared will only be available in the current session. You will have to add
the JAR to the class path and create the function in each session.
If you use the same Jar files and functions frequently, you can add those statements to your
$HOME/.hiverc file.

> On Apr 23, 2015, at 10:37 PM, Buntu Dev <buntudev@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Does the JAR need to be added for every session before using the custom UDF created using
"CREATE FUNCTION"?

> I'm using Hive 0.13 and was able to add a custom UDF successfully and use it in a sample
query. But in the subsequent Hive sessions, I do see the function but I get this error when
using the function: