hive-user mailing list archives

From "Mich Talebzadeh" <m...@peridale.co.uk>
Subject RE: create statement is not working
Date Fri, 24 Apr 2015 19:38:07 GMT
Hm

It looks OK. However, I personally would not call a database “process”. It could be reserved
work somewhere or an application clashing with that word (outside of Hive)

hive> create database process;

OK

Time taken: 0.415 seconds

hive> CREATE EXTERNAL TABLE IF NOT EXISTS PROCESS.aggregated_rspns

    > (

    > id int,

    > dt string,

    > hour string,

    > rspns_count bigint,

    > highest_rspns_count bigint

    > )

    > ROW FORMAT DELIMITED

    > FIELDS TERMINATED BY '\001'

    > LOCATION '/xyz/pqr/aggregated_rspns';

OK

Time taken: 0.292 seconds

hive> desc PROCESS.aggregated_rspns;

OK

id                      int

dt                      string

hour                    string

rspns_count             bigint

highest_rspns_count     bigint

Time taken: 0.12 seconds, Fetched: 5 row(s)

hive> quit;

hduser@rhes564::/home/hduser/dba/bin> hdfs dfs -ls /xyz/pqr/

15/04/24 20:43:30 WARN util.NativeCodeLoader: Unable to load native-hadoop library for your
platform... using builtin-java classes where applicable

Found 1 items

drwxr-xr-x   - hduser supergroup          0 2015-04-24 20:42 /xyz/pqr/aggregated_rspns

HTH

Mich Talebzadeh

http://talebzadehmich.wordpress.com

Author of the books "A Practitioner’s Guide to Upgrading to Sybase ASE 15", ISBN 978-0-9563693-0-7.

co-author "Sybase Transact SQL Guidelines Best Practices", ISBN 978-0-9759693-0-4

Publications due shortly:

Creating in-memory Data Grid for Trading Systems with Oracle TimesTen and Coherence Cache

Oracle and Sybase, Concepts and Contrasts, ISBN: 978-0-9563693-1-4, volume one out shortly

NOTE: The information in this email is proprietary and confidential. This message is for the
designated recipient only, if you are not the intended recipient, you should destroy it immediately.
Any information in this message shall not be understood as given or endorsed by Peridale Ltd,
its subsidiaries or their employees, unless expressly so stated. It is the responsibility
of the recipient to ensure that this email is virus free, therefore neither Peridale Ltd,
its subsidiaries nor their employees accept any responsibility.