hive-user mailing list archives

From "Jianfeng (Jeff) Zhang" <jzh...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: when start hive could not generate log file
Date Fri, 13 Mar 2015 00:50:58 GMT

By default, hive.log is located in /tmp/${user}/hive.log

Best Regard,
Jeff Zhang

From: zhangjp <smartzjp@hotmail.com<mailto:smartzjp@hotmail.com>>
Date: Wednesday, March 11, 2015 at 7:12 PM
To: "user@hive.apache.org<mailto:user@hive.apache.org>" <user@hive.apache.org<mailto:user@hive.apache.org>>
Subject: when start hive could not generate log file

when  i  run command  " hive" , the message as follows
[@xxx/]# hive
log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (org.apache.hadoop.hive.common.LogUtils).
Logging initialized using configuration in file:/search/apache-hive-0.13.1-bin/conf/hive-log4j.properties?

My hive-log4j.properties use the default template. but when I run "find -name hive.log" couldn't
find any file.?