hive-user mailing list archives

From Alex Bohr <a...@gradientx.com>
Subject Hive job name
Date Mon, 09 Mar 2015 21:47:24 GMT
Since going from Hive 0.11 to 0.13 the Job Names, in the JobTracker UI, for
my Hive queries in the job tracker changed.

It used to be the first 200 characters or so of the Hive query, now it's
just "hive-exec-0.13.1-cdh5.3.1.jar."

Seeing the beginning of the query in the job Name was super helpful to
figure out which queries are taking super long or using heavy # of slots.
Now I need to drill down to the job config file and check the hive.query.string
key.

Is there a config setting I can use to make the Hive Job name reflect the
query being executed?

I'm still using the JobTracker, haven't switched to Yarn yet.  Does this
change with Yarn?

Thanks