hive-user mailing list archives

From "Fabio C." <anyte...@gmail.com>
Subject Launch hive scripts in PyHS2
Date Fri, 06 Mar 2015 08:15:57 GMT
Hi everyone,
does anybody know if it's possible to run a hive script with pyhs2?
Typically I will need to set the queue name (for tez) and run a query.
I see, in the example, that execute() doesn't ask for a ";" at the end of
the query, so I wonder if this is possible, since the script will have it,
together with newlines characters.
Also, if I set the queue, will this setting be kept for subsequent call of
execute()?
If this works I know I could parse the script and isolate the single
commands...
I cannot make any test right now since our cluster is down but I need to
know this to keep working. Any help is appreciated.

Regards

Fabio