hive-user mailing list archives

From zhangjp <smart...@hotmail.com>
Subject update column type error
Date Fri, 20 Mar 2015 05:54:30 GMT
I have a external table with my custom serde, there is a column ,it's type is float . now i
want to update the float type to string type ,  i execute " alter table alter_test replace
columns (col1 string);"  the error is "FAILED: Execution Error, return code 1 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask.
Replace columns is not supported for table android. SerDe may be incompatible."
then i execute " alter table ios_ext replace columns(col1 string)" , the result is ok.  but
when i look into the table  "columns_v2"  i find the column type still "float".
thanks.