hive-user mailing list archives

From Килеев Васли Славик <slavakil...@yandex.ru>
Subject How to specify column list in hive insert into query?
Date Tue, 17 Mar 2015 10:52:29 GMT
I have just installed and configured Apache Hive version 1.1.0. Then I have created a table
by quering this query:

create table person (name1 string, surname1 string);

And then I want to add one row by:

insert into person (name1, surname1) values ("Alan", "Green");

And it cause an error:

Error: Error while compiling statement: FAILED: ParseException line 1:20 cannot recognize
input near '(' 'name1' ',' in statement (state=42000,code=40000).

But when I execute query without column list it works fine:

insert into person values ("Alan", "Green");

The question is: how to specify column list in hiveQL to make insert into?