hive-user mailing list archives

From Xiaoyong Zhu <xiaoy...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: Sort order in Hive plan?
Date Sat, 28 Mar 2015 00:07:47 GMT
Thanks for the clarification!

Xiaoyong

From: Prasanth Jayachandran [mailto:pjayachandran@hortonworks.com]
Sent: Saturday, March 28, 2015 1:02 AM
To: user@hive.apache.org; user@hive.apache.org
Subject: Re: Sort order in Hive plan?

Hi

In the image that you had posted. There are 4 plus signs which means sorting happens on all
four columns in key expression. Number of plus signs indicate the number of columns in key
expressions that are used for sorting. Also minus sign indicate that sorting happens in descending
order.

Thanks
Prasanth

On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 6:43 AM -0700, "Xiaoyong Zhu" <xiaoyzhu@microsoft.com<mailto:xiaoyzhu@microsoft.com>>