hive-user mailing list archives

From "Mich Talebzadeh" <>
Subject RE: Which SerDe for Custom Binary Data.
Date Fri, 13 Mar 2015 16:33:57 GMT
Hive as I use it is particularly useful for getting data out of relational tables and more
importantly query that data using HiveQL (a variation of transact sql)

If your data is in binary format and assuming that you manage to store it in HDFS, how are
you intending to access the data. At the consumer level what tools are you going to use? Do
you a propriety tool with the correct drivers to access the data?

Mich Talebzadeh

Publications due shortly:

Creating in-memory Data Grid for Trading Systems with Oracle TimesTen and Coherence Cache

NOTE: The information in this email is proprietary and confidential. This message is for the
designated recipient only, if you are not the intended recipient, you should destroy it immediately.
Any information in this message shall not be understood as given or endorsed by Peridale Ltd,
its subsidiaries or their employees, unless expressly so stated. It is the responsibility
of the recipient to ensure that this email is virus free, therefore neither Peridale Ltd,
its subsidiaries nor their employees accept any responsibility.