hive-user mailing list archives

From "Mich Talebzadeh" <m...@peridale.co.uk>
Subject RE: Call for case studies for Programming Hive, 2nd edition
Date Sun, 22 Mar 2015 20:44:05 GMT
Hi Edward,

That is very interesting. On a recent project I am working with a major enterprise to get
real time transactional data into HDFS via replication server and hive. This will allow Oracle,
SAP ASE, SAP Hana, MSSQL and others to get real time data into HDFS via replication server.
It is still at POC stage.

Secondly, as may be aware hive metastore stores hive metadata in a relational database. The
recommendation is to have this database in a remote container. Currently this database can
be created ”remotely” on MySQL and PostgresSQL plus Oracle and I believe MSSQL. I have
now adapted the relevant schema for metadata for SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise ( ASE) as
well.  You need to create the schema (database) in ASE. Create a login called say hiveuser
in ASE and make its default database the one just created for hive. Make the new login “dbo”
in hive database. Pretty easy. You will need to download the ASE driver called jconn4.jar
and place it in $HIVE_HOME/lib directory.

If these are relevant then let me know.

Thanks,

Mich Talebzadeh

http://talebzadehmich.wordpress.com

Publications due shortly:

Creating in-memory Data Grid for Trading Systems with Oracle TimesTen and Coherence Cache

NOTE: The information in this email is proprietary and confidential. This message is for the
designated recipient only, if you are not the intended recipient, you should destroy it immediately.
Any information in this message shall not be understood as given or endorsed by Peridale Ltd,
its subsidiaries or their employees, unless expressly so stated. It is the responsibility
of the recipient to ensure that this email is virus free, therefore neither Peridale Ltd,
its subsidiaries nor their employees accept any responsibility.