hive-user mailing list archives

From Saurabh B <saurabh.wri...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Which [open-souce] SQL engine atop Hadoop?
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2015 03:33:05 GMT
This is not open source but we are using Vertica and it works very nicely
for us. There is a 1TB community edition but above that it costs money.
It has really advanced SQL (analytical functions, etc), works like an
RDBMS, has R/Java/C++ SDK and scales nicely. There is a similar option of
Redshift available but Vertica has more features (pattern matching
functions, etc).

Again, not open source so I would be interested to know what you end up
going with and what your experience is.