hive-user mailing list archives

From Jason Dere <>
Subject Re: Create Function using JDBC Client ( All Databases)
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2015 08:55:33 GMT
You can call a function created in another database by using the fully qualified function name
- select db_name.function_name(…) from …
This is similar to referencing tables from other databases in your query.

On Feb 17, 2015, at 8:03 PM, vengatesh.babu <<>>

I am using JDBC Client to create Function in hive (Ex. IFNULL) , it works only for database
for which I created.
If I want to use the same Function in another database, i need to create once again that function.

Why Functions are working in single database alone ?

Is there any way  to create Function common to all databases in hive ?

Vengatesh Babu K M

View raw message