hive-user mailing list archives

From Nathan Bamford <nathan.bamf...@redpoint.net>
Subject writing to partitions with HCatWriter
Date Fri, 13 Feb 2015 21:50:18 GMT
Hi all,

  I'm using HCatWriter in a java program to write records to a partitioned Hive table. It
works great, but I notice it leaves behind the _SCRATCH directories it uses for staging (before
HCatWriter.commit is called).?

  When it's all said and done, the partitioned records are in the appropriate directory (e.g.
state=CO), and the _SCRATCH directories are empty.

  I tried running a load of the same records/partition values via the CLI, and after the mapreduce
job has finished, the _SCRATCH directories are cleaned up. Only the finished partition dirs
remain.

  Is there something I'm  missing with HCatWriter?

Thanks,

Nathan