hive-user mailing list archives

From Xiaoyong Zhu <xiaoy...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: EXIST vs EXISTS keyword?
Date Fri, 23 Jan 2015 01:10:24 GMT
sorry for the wrong question - yes, there is no keyword "EXIST"...

Xiaoyong

From: Jason Dere [mailto:jdere@hortonworks.com]
Sent: Friday, January 23, 2015 8:09 AM
To: user@hive.apache.org
Cc: Zhaomin Xu
Subject: Re: EXIST vs EXISTS keyword?

Doing a quick search in the lexer/parser files (*.g), I only see KW_EXISTS and not KW_EXIST.

On Jan 22, 2015, at 1:25 AM, Xiaoyong Zhu <xiaoyzhu@microsoft.com<mailto:xiaoyzhu@microsoft.com>>
wrote:

Hello experts

I am wondering when the keyword "EXIST" will be used in Hive - and if it is used, then what's
the difference between EXIST and EXISTS?

Thanks!

Xiaoyong

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE