hive-user mailing list archives

From Xiaoyong Zhu <xiaoy...@microsoft.com>
Subject Hive script auto completion and semantic analyzer?
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2015 07:01:07 GMT
Hi, hive experts

We are building a script auto-completion framework for Hive to make Hive easier to use. We
are also trying to new We have read the hive compiler design document<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/Design#Design-Compiler>
and have several questions:

1.       We have already used Antlr to generate a Hive parser, but we don't know how to re-use
semantic analyzer of Hive - are there someone who is specialized in this area or share us
some related documents? Is there a possibility to re-use it independently with Hive?

2.       Do you know if anyone have done these kind of work(auto-completion/script validation)
before? If so, could someone give us some pointers to those works?

Xiaoyong