hive-user mailing list archives

From Kumar V <kumarbuyonl...@yahoo.com>
Subject Adding new columns to parquet based Hive table
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2015 19:53:51 GMT
Hi,    I have a Parquet format Hive table with a few columns.  I have loaded a lot of data
to this table already and it seems to work.I have to add a few new columns to this table.
 If I add new columns, queries don't work anymore since I have not reloaded the old data.Is
there a way to add new fields to the table and not reload the old Parquet files and make the
query work ?
I tried this in Hive 0.10 and also on hive 0.13.  Getting an error in both versions.
Please let me know how to handle this.
Regards,Kumar.