hive-user mailing list archives

From "Hulbert, Leland" <Leland.Hulb...@epsilon.com>
Subject RE: Temp table Vs Sub Query in Hive
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2015 21:12:56 GMT
Prashant,
                What version of Hive are you running?  Common Table Expressions were added
in 0.13.  Take a look here: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/Common+Table+Expression

Lee

From: Prashant [mailto:prashant.gijare@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2015 3:54 PM
To: user@hive.apache.org
Subject: Temp table Vs Sub Query in Hive

Hi All:

In our process, we have created a temporary table which is built from UNION ALL of 3 different
queries. The temp table is used in further query in join.

We want to get rid of the temp table and have it integrated in final query. Is there any better
 way to implement in Hive rather than placing the query that created temp table as a subquery
in the from clause? The temp table would eventually get lots of rows so performance will be
a key.

Thanks!

~ Prashant

This e-mail and files transmitted with it are confidential, and are intended solely for the
use of the individual or entity to whom this e-mail is addressed. If you are not the intended
recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication
is strictly prohibited. If you are not one of the named recipient(s) or otherwise have reason
to believe that you received this message in error, please immediately notify sender by e-mail,
and destroy the original message. Thank You.