hive-user mailing list archives

From Pedro Pires <>
Subject Hive executing parallel queries
Date Tue, 27 Jan 2015 17:09:57 GMT
Hi all,

I'm having a problem when executing two or more queries through hive command line.
I already configured Capacity Scheduler to have two queues. I follow this guide
to configure the scheduler.
 The queues seems to be working fine.
What happens is that the queries executions(applications) are delivered to scheduler and all
are in RUNNING mode, but only one is really executing.
I not able to put two queries executing at same time. It seems like scheduler knows that have
two queries to execute, but something is blocking the execution to continue.

This is how i execute the queries:
hive -e "select * from gendata where number='123123123123213123'" 2> parallel.log &hive
-e "select * from gendata where number='2221122312'" 2> parallel2.log &

Using Haddop 2.6.0 and Hive 0.14.0.

Does hive have anything that block's two executions, because of display the results?
Do you guys have any ideias?

View raw message