hive-user mailing list archives

From "Prasanth Jayachandran" <pjayachand...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: sum a double in ORC bug?
Date Tue, 20 Jan 2015 19:10:28 GMT
Hi Nick

Can you try disabling predicate pushdown in ORC and see if you are getting correct results?

set hive.optimize.index.filter=false;

This is just to rule out the possibility of bug in predicate pushdown.

- Prasanth

On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 6:46 PM, Martin, Nick <NiMartin@pssd.com> wrote:

> *Hive 13
> I'm storing a sales amount column as a double in an ORC table and when I do:
> select sum(x) from sometable
> I get a value like 4.79165141174808E9
> A visual inspection of the column values reveals no glaring anomalies...all looks pretty
normal. If I do the same thing in a textfile table I get a perfectly fine aggregation of the
double field.
--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE