hive-user mailing list archives

From Hitesh Shah <hit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Enabling Tez sessions on HiveServer2
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2014 22:42:22 GMT
BCC’ed user@tez.

This question belongs to either the hive user list or the Hortonworks user forums.

thanks
— Hitesh

On Dec 2, 2014, at 1:28 PM, Pala M Muthaia <mchettiar@rocketfuelinc.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to get Tez sessions enabled with HS2. I start the HiveServer2 instance with
the flag "-hiveconf hive.execution.engine=tez" and then try to submit multiple queries one
after another, as the same user, to the HS2 instance.

> When i check the YARN UI, i find that each query of mine is launched as a new YARN application.
While the new Tez application is running, the old Tez applications are still alive. This is
different from Tez session in Hive CLI, where multiple queries are submitted to the same Tez
application (if launched within the Tez session timeout).

> I followed the config instructions at http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.1.2/bk_installing_manually_book/content/rpm-chap-tez-configure_hive_for_tez.html
so far.

> Is there a separate config flag that i need to turn on for Tez sessions on HS2? How should
i enable Tez sessions with HiveServer2.