hive-user mailing list archives

From Xiaoyong Zhu <xiaoy...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: Hive UDFs?
Date Fri, 19 Dec 2014 06:35:56 GMT
I see, thanks!

Xiaoyong

From: Jason Dere [mailto:jdere@hortonworks.com]
Sent: Friday, December 19, 2014 3:52 AM
To: user@hive.apache.org
Subject: Re: Hive UDFs?

Another option is https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/LanguageManual+DDL#LanguageManualDDL-PermanentFunctions,
as another user mentioned on this list a few days ago.

On Dec 18, 2014, at 5:54 AM, St├ęphane Verlet <kaweahsolutions@gmail.com<mailto:kaweahsolutions@gmail.com>>
wrote:

You only need the jar on the computer where you execute the hive command , not on all cluster
nodes

On Thu, Dec 18, 2014 at 2:55 AM, Xiaoyong Zhu <xiaoyzhu@microsoft.com<mailto:xiaoyzhu@microsoft.com>>
wrote:
Thanks!
For Q1 - is there a way that Hive helps me to automatically do this (for example, I can register
the UDF somewhere and the UDF gets automatically distributed)? Or I need to login to each
node to ensure this happens?

Xiaoyong