hive-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Haviv <daniel.ha...@veracity-group.com>
Subject Re: Concatenating ORC files
Date Fri, 12 Dec 2014 10:30:05 GMT
Thanks a lot
I'll try it out

Daniel

> On 12 בדצמ׳ 2014, at 03:45, Prasanth Jayachandran <pjayachandran@hortonworks.com>
wrote:

> Thanks Daniel for filing the jira and the test case. I have put up a patch in HIVE-9067
jira that should fix this issue.

> - Prasanth
>

>> On Thu, Dec 11, 2014 at 3:29 AM, Daniel Haviv <daniel.haviv@veracity-group.com>
wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I've created a JIRA with a test case:
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-9080
>>
>> Thanks!
>> Daniel
>>
>>> On Thu, Dec 11, 2014 at 12:49 AM, Prasanth Jayachandran <pjayachandran@hortonworks.com>
wrote:
>>> I am unable to reproduce the case that causes exception that you are seeing.
Will be great if you can provide a repro.

>>> - Prasanth

a reproducible case? I can take a look at it.

and now it fails on something else:
java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.io.orc.ColumnStatisticsImpl$StringStatisticsImpl
cannot be cast to org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.io.orc.ColumnStatisticsImpl$BooleanStatisticsImpl

concatenate;

of index entries found: 0 expected: 1

>>> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
>>> NOTICE: This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which
it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential, privileged and exempt from
disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any printing, copying, dissemination, distribution, disclosure
or forwarding of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication
in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete it from your system. Thank You.