hive-user mailing list archives

From Alan Gates <ga...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: hive transactions
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2014 02:07:51 GMT
Usually this means the metastore database was not properly upgraded.
You can check this by logging into your RDBMS and listing all the
tables.  If you see a table named TXNS then the proper tables exist.

Did you install Hive 0.14 fresh or upgrade from a previous version?  If
you upgraded did you run the upgrade scripts?  In the Hive 0.12 to Hive
0.13 upgrade script it calls hive-txn-schema-0.13.0.mysql.sql, which
will create these tables.  If you're upgrading from 13 to 14 there
shouldn't be a need to create the tables.

Alan.

--
Sent with Postbox <http://www.getpostbox.com>

--