hive-user mailing list archives

From vic0777 <>
Subject Where is the base directory of a transaction table?
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2014 07:12:07 GMT
Hi All,

I am trying to use the new transaction feature in Hive-0.14. According to its document, every
transaction table have a base directory and one delta directory for each transaction in HDFS
for data storage. But I can not find where the base directory is in HDFS, there is only delta
directories. Following is the commands I used.

create table test_txn (id int ,name string ) clustered by (id) into 2 buckets stored as orc
insert into table test_txn select * from test_text;
update test_txn set name="liu" where id = 10;

P.S. I have configured the parameters required by the transaction feature:,

Although I cannot find the base directory in HDFS, all SELECT, UPDATE and DELETE statements
works fine and the data in the table is correct. I am wondering where the base directory is.

Any help is appreciated.

View raw message