hive-user mailing list archives

From vic0777 <vic0...@163.com>
Subject Re:Re: Re: How to debug Hive0.14 with Hadoop2.5.0 in Eclipse?
Date Tue, 23 Dec 2014 02:55:09 GMT
Thanks Szehon. The --debug option works.

Wantao

At 2014-12-23 03:23:23, "Szehon Ho" <szehon@cloudera.com> wrote:

That's true, it might be broken now.  I think now most people to debug their code will build
assembly using -Phadoop-2,dist, and then go to packaging/target/... and run bin/hive from
there.

You can debug changes by setting bin/hive --debug, or alternatively by setting HADOOP_OPTS
to include your own java debug flags.

Hope that helps,
Szehon