hive-user mailing list archives

From "guxiaobo1982" <>
Subject Are there start and stop scripts for various hive services?
Date Fri, 28 Nov 2014 01:25:23 GMT

Currently we can only user hive --service  metastore to start the metastore service, and the
hiveserver2 command to start hiveserver2, but both services will keep the terminal open, althrough
we can use the following to run them as daemons,

nohup hive --service metastore > $HIVE_LOG_DIR/hive.out 2> $HIVE_LOG_DIR/hive.log

nohup hiveserver2 > $HIVE_LOG_DIR /hiveServer2.out 2>$HIVE_LOG_DIR/hiveServer2.log &

But we can't stop the services unless we kill the processes, are there scripts to start and
stop the various services?

I noticed there some scripts under the bin/ext directory, but it seems they does not work

I am trying the 0.14.0 version of Hive.

View raw message