hive-user mailing list archives

From "Venkat, Ankam" <>
Subject Encrypting data in Hive
Date Wed, 19 Nov 2014 21:15:08 GMT
I need to encrypt few columns (like SSN, Credit Card Number etc) in Hive Table.

Is there a built-in feature available in Hive?   I see a Jira at
which is still unresolved.

If there is no built-in feature,  are there any open source UDFs available for this?

Thanks in advance.

This communication is the property of CenturyLink and may contain confidential or privileged
information. Unauthorized use of this communication is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify the sender by
reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the communication and any attachments.

View raw message