hive-user mailing list archives

From "Dhandapani, Karthik" <Karthik.Dhandap...@CVSCaremark.com>
Subject RE: Analytic functions in Lead & Lag in Hive
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2014 14:21:27 GMT
Ravi,

Lead and Lag functions are introduced only in hive 0.11 version. Please refer to the below
link for more details.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/LanguageManual+WindowingAndAnalytics

Thanks,
Karthik

From: Ravi Prasad [mailto:raviprasad29@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, November 14, 2014 3:08 AM
To: user@hive.apache.org
Subject: Analytic functions in Lead & Lag in Hive

Cany anyone suggest, how to use the Lead and lag function in Hive.
I am using Hive 0.10 version. Is there any way to make it work in 0.10 version.
I have used  the below code in Oracle,  But it is not working in Hive.
I need to compare the difference between the previous record and currect record.

Oracle code for LAG :-

SELECT empno,

       ename,

       job,

       sal,

       LAG(sal, 1, 0) OVER (ORDER BY sal) AS sal_prev,

       sal - LAG(sal, 1, 0) OVER (ORDER BY sal) AS sal_diff

FROM   emp;

Oracle code for LEAD :-

SELECT empno,

       ename,

       job,

       sal,

       LEAD(sal, 1, 0) OVER (ORDER BY sal) AS sal_next,

       LEAD(sal, 1, 0) OVER (ORDER BY sal) - sal AS sal_diff

FROM   emp;

Regards,
Prasad