hive-user mailing list archives

From Ja Sam <ptrstp...@gmail.com>
Subject Setting job diagnostics to REDUCE capability required - error in hive
Date Fri, 07 Nov 2014 14:26:14 GMT
I have a simple query with grouping. Something similar to bellow:
  SELECT col1, col2, col3, min(date), count(*)
    FROM tblX
  WHERE partitionDate="20141107"
  GROUP BY col1, col2, col3;

When I run this query through WebHCat everything works fine. But when I try
to run it from hive shell I have error like this:

Setting job diagnostics to REDUCE capability required is more than the
supported max container capability in the cluster. Killing the Job.
reduceResourceReqt: 21238 maxContainerCapability:8192

I tried to setup in hive: SET hive.exec.reducers.max=8192

but this doesn't change anything. What I did wrong?