hive-user mailing list archives

From prasad bezavada <prasadbezav...@gmail.com>
Subject How to provide security in hive using impersonation?
Date Fri, 28 Nov 2014 10:05:01 GMT
Hi ,

         I am writing a java program to connect with hive and query the
data from hive. From  my program i am connecting  to hive as follows
 private static String driverName = "org.apache.hadoop.hive.jdbc.HiveDriver"
;
public static void main(String[] args) throws SQLException {
    try {
      Class.forName(driverName);
    } catch (ClassNotFoundException e) {
      // TODO Auto-generated catch block
      e.printStackTrace();
      System.exit(1);
    }
    Connection con = DriverManager.getConnection(
"jdbc:hive://localhost:10000/default", "hive", "any");
    Statement stmt = con.createStatement();
    My Problem is, the above connection is not taking the password ,i mean
with any username and password it is allowing me to connect and ge
    get the data from hive. But I want to  restrict this and want to
provide security so that
    only the  specified user would be able to connect and query hive.
    I tried :pluggable authentication and its working fine.
    But i want to do it dynamically.
 i don't want to use LDAP or Kerberos.

is there any way to do that?

and can we create users and roles in hive
?if possible then how?
when i use the command create role role_name its giving error i.e something
like hive authorization incomplete or disabled