hive-user mailing list archives

From Ritesh Kumar Singh <riteshoneinamill...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: basic, dumb getting started question (single-node)
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2014 20:31:43 GMT
Great.
However u can configure your hive manually when ever you have some time( or
in case next time you get stuck somewhere :p). Just go to the
$HIVE_HOME/conf/ directory. U will see a lot of template files in there.
Each one is written with most of the basic params set. Now what we do is
copy all the files with .template extensions to their normal extensions.

Ex: copy hive-env.sh.template to hive-env.sh in the same directory. Once
you have copied the template files as normal ones, you can manually tune
them by specifying all their properties. These properties are then
automatically loaded whenever you start your hive server/worker.