hive-user mailing list archives

From peterm_second <regest...@gmail.com>
Subject Submit Hive MR jobs to a remote Hadoop cluster
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2014 14:40:13 GMT
Hi guys,
I am struggling a bit to make Hive submit it's MR jobs to a remote
Hadoop cluster. According to the documentation that should be possible
but it seems that's not really the case, at least not when we are
talking about Hadoop 2.
I am trying to connect Hive 0.13 to Hadoop 2.4.0. Please find attached
my hive-site xml.
In short I am telling it, using the mapred.job.tracker property where my
rm manager is. I know that mapred.job.tracker no longer exists in Hadoop
2, but it seems that hive still uses the old property.
<property>
     <name>mapred.job.tracker</name>
     <value>hadoop-rm.mo-data.com:8032</value>
</property>

Can you guys share some tips or info, if any of you have had success
connecting Hive 0.13 to Hadoop 2. Basically any version of hive to
hadoop2. I am using vanila versions of both Hive and Hadoop.

Regards,
Peter