hive-user mailing list archives

From "Dragga, Christopher" <Chris.Dra...@netapp.com>
Subject RE: basic, dumb getting started question (single-node)
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2014 20:36:24 GMT
Alternatively, for hive-site.xml, you can create an empty XML file with just the header and
a set of configuration tags (<configuration></configuration>) and only fill in
those properties that you want to change; Hive will then use the defaults for everything else.
 Either approach works.

-Chris Dragga

From: Ritesh Kumar Singh [mailto:riteshoneinamillion@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 13, 2014 3:32 PM
To: user@hive.apache.org
Subject: Re: basic, dumb getting started question (single-node)

Great.
However u can configure your hive manually when ever you have some time( or in case next time
you get stuck somewhere :p). Just go to the $HIVE_HOME/conf/ directory. U will see a lot of
template files in there. Each one is written with most of the basic params set. Now what we
do is copy all the files with .template extensions to their normal extensions.

Ex: copy hive-env.sh.template to hive-env.sh in the same directory. Once you have copied the
template files as normal ones, you can manually tune them by specifying all their properties.
These properties are then automatically loaded whenever you start your hive server/worker.

On Fri, Nov 14, 2014 at 1:34 AM, Nicholas Murphy <nick.murphy@oracle.com<mailto:nick.murphy@oracle.com>>