hive-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From reena upadhyay <reena2...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Error in running udf that interacts with hive jdbc client
Date Fri, 03 Oct 2014 13:21:41 GMT
Hi Jason,

Thanks for the reply :) Map reduce jobs were not able to find the third
party jars, this was causing the exceptions. I have placed all the
dependent third party jar's inside haddop_home/lib.
By doing so, the issue is solved.

Thanks,
Reena Upadhyay

On Fri, Oct 3, 2014 at 1:16 AM, Jason Dere <jdere@hortonworks.com> wrote:

>
> It looks like the issue is here at the bottom of the list of stack traces,
> where it can't resolve the HiveDriver class. I think only hive-exec.jar is
> shipped as part of a map/reduce job, you would have to make sure hive-jdbc
> is in the class path during the map/reduce jobs.
> Are you sure your UDF is actually able to run the query, since this error
> seems to be occurring during your UDF initialization? Not sure if running a
> separate query within a UDF is something that would be recommended, though
> maybe others can speak on that.
>
> Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.hive.jdbc.HiveDriver
> 	at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:366)
> 	at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:355)
> 	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
> 	at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:354)
> 	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:423)
> 	at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:308)
> 	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:356)
> 	at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
> 	at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:186)
> 	at com.impetus.ilabs.etloffload.common.utils.HiveJDBCConnectionFactory.<init>(HiveJDBCConnectionFactory.java:23)
> 	... 44 more
>
>
>
> On Oct 1, 2014, at 8:09 AM, reena upadhyay <reena2485@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>
> I have a single argument udf that takes the sql string as a argument.
> Inside the udf, I have used hive jdbc client to execute the query. My query
> execution part inside udf is working fine and also I am able to get the
> desired result from the query. My udf is returning a String.  I am getting
> error in returning the result from the evaluate method of a udf.
>
> Stack trace:
>
> java.lang.RuntimeException: Error in configuring object
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.util.ReflectionUtils.setJobConf(ReflectionUtils.java:93)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.util.ReflectionUtils.setConf(ReflectionUtils.java:64)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.util.ReflectionUtils.newInstance(ReflectionUtils.java:117)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask.runOldMapper(MapTask.java:432)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask.run(MapTask.java:372)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.Child$4.run(Child.java:255)
> 	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
> 	at javax.security.auth.Subject.doAs(Subject.java:415)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1136)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.Child.main(Child.java:249)
> Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
> 	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> 	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
> 	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
> 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.util.ReflectionUtils.setJobConf(ReflectionUtils.java:88)
> 	... 9 more
> Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Error in configuring object
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.util.ReflectionUtils.setJobConf(ReflectionUtils.java:93)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.util.ReflectionUtils.setConf(ReflectionUtils.java:64)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.util.ReflectionUtils.newInstance(ReflectionUtils.java:117)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapRunner.configure(MapRunner.java:34)
> 	... 14 more
> Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
> 	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> 	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
> 	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
> 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.util.ReflectionUtils.setJobConf(ReflectionUtils.java:88)
> 	... 17 more
> Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Map operator initialization failed
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.mr.ExecMapper.configure(ExecMapper.java:154)
> 	... 22 more
> Caused by: org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.UDFArgumentException: org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.HiveException:
Unable to execute method public java.lang.String com.impetus.ilabs.etloffload.udf.UDFType.evaluate(org.apache.hadoop.io.Text)
 on object com.impetus.ilabs.etloffload.udf.UDFType@3ff839e8 of class com.impetus.ilabs.etloffload.udf.UDFType
with arguments {employeeudf.age:org.apache.hadoop.io.Text} of size 1
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.udf.generic.GenericUDF.initializeAndFoldConstants(GenericUDF.java:148)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.ExprNodeGenericFuncEvaluator.initialize(ExprNodeGenericFuncEvaluator.java:127)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.Operator.initEvaluators(Operator.java:931)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.Operator.initEvaluatorsAndReturnStruct(Operator.java:957)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.SelectOperator.initializeOp(SelectOperator.java:65)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.Operator.initialize(Operator.java:376)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.Operator.initialize(Operator.java:460)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.Operator.initializeChildren(Operator.java:416)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.TableScanOperator.initializeOp(TableScanOperator.java:189)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.Operator.initialize(Operator.java:376)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.MapOperator.initializeOp(MapOperator.java:425)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.Operator.initialize(Operator.java:376)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.mr.ExecMapper.configure(ExecMapper.java:133)
> 	... 22 more
> Caused by: org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.HiveException: Unable to execute method
public java.lang.String com.impetus.ilabs.etloffload.udf.UDFType.evaluate(org.apache.hadoop.io.Text)
 on object com.impetus.ilabs.etloffload.udf.UDFType@3ff839e8 of class com.impetus.ilabs.etloffload.udf.UDFType
with arguments {employeeudf.age:org.apache.hadoop.io.Text} of size 1
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.FunctionRegistry.invoke(FunctionRegistry.java:1243)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.udf.generic.GenericUDFBridge.evaluate(GenericUDFBridge.java:182)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.udf.generic.GenericUDF.initializeAndFoldConstants(GenericUDF.java:145)
> 	... 34 more
> Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
> 	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> 	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
> 	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
> 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601)
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.FunctionRegistry.invoke(FunctionRegistry.java:1219)
> 	... 36 more
> Caused by: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
> 	at com.impetus.ilabs.etloffload.udf.UDFType.getColType(UDFType.java:82)
> 	at com.impetus.ilabs.etloffload.udf.UDFType.evaluate(UDFType.java:76)
> 	... 41 more
> Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.hive.jdbc.HiveDriver
> 	at com.impetus.ilabs.etloffload.common.utils.HiveJDBCConnectionFactory.<init>(HiveJDBCConnectionFactory.java:27)
> 	at com.impetus.ilabs.etloffload.common.utils.HiveJDBCConnectionFactory.<clinit>(HiveJDBCConnectionFactory.java:15)
> 	... 43 more
> Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.hive.jdbc.HiveDriver
> 	at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:366)
> 	at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:355)
> 	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
> 	at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:354)
> 	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:423)
> 	at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:308)
> 	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:356)
> 	at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
> 	at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:186)
> 	at com.impetus.ilabs.etloffload.common.utils.HiveJDBCConnectionFactory.<init>(HiveJDBCConnectionFactory.java:23)
> 	... 44 more
>
>
>
> Any help would be highle appreciated.
>
>
>
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
> NOTICE: This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity
> to which it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential,
> privileged and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader
> of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
> any printing, copying, dissemination, distribution, disclosure or
> forwarding of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have
> received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately
> and delete it from your system. Thank You.

Mime
View raw message