hive-user mailing list archives

From Devopam Mittra <devo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Insert into hive table without overwriting data
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2014 03:45:53 GMT
the query should not really overwrite the data. can you please check your
hive version and also validate that your table(s) don't have dynamic
partitioning scheme... or that you are not firing a truncate before
inserting the data.

i assume you have done the data validation already (i.e. ensuring that
actually data is getting overwritten, and not really replicating)

regards
Dev

--
Devopam Mittra