hive-user mailing list archives

From anusha Mangina <anusha.mang...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Null Pointer Exception with tez
Date Fri, 03 Oct 2014 14:23:40 GMT
Hey Nick,

This is the query

INSERT INTO TABLE abc
SELECT d.employee, max(d.employeesalary),d.employee_type FROM
(SELECT a.employee, a.employeesalary,a.dept as employee_type
from table1 a
UNION ALL
SELECT b.employee, b.value as employeesalary,b.dept as employee_type
from table2 b
UNION ALL
SELECT c.employee, c.value as employeesalary,c.dept as employee_type
from table2 c
) d
GROUP BY d.employee,d.employee_type;

it runs fine with MR. I couldnt even see  Yarn application being started ..
I couldnt see logs either..  But TEZ works fine with other queries.