hive-user mailing list archives

From Hanish Bansal <hanish.bansal.agar...@gmail.com>
Subject Java api for connecting to hiveserver2
Date Sat, 11 Oct 2014 04:21:47 GMT
Hi All,

I am planning to use sql based authorization that is recently introduced in
hive 0.13.0.

I was using hive metastore client java api early which has direct apis for
all operations like grant, revoke etc.
But for using new authorization I ll have to use hiveserver2 and pass all
requests through hiveserver2. I came up with JDBC client which can be used
to connect hiveserver2. The restriction there is we must have to write SQL
statements.

I want to know is there any java api to connect hiveserver2, that have
direct java methods to perform operations and we don't need to write SQL
statements ??

Thanks,
Hanish