hive-user mailing list archives

From Navdeep Agrawal <>
Subject RE: mapreduce.job.queuename doesn't work with hiveserver2
Date Fri, 10 Oct 2014 11:39:52 GMT
You can change the mapreduce.job.queuename by appending it to connection string after ‘?’
like jdbc:hive2//url:10000/db?mapreduce.job.queuename=q1

From: Chen Song []
Sent: Friday, October 10, 2014 2:38 AM
To: user
Subject: mapreduce.job.queuename doesn't work with hiveserver2

By setting mapreduce.job.queuename in hive-site.xml, all queries submitted via hiveserver
or hive cli all go to the specified queue.

However, hiveserver2 doesn't appear to respect this value at all. The queue is chosen to be
the user who submitted query. I tried with beeline and jdbc.

Is there a way I can configure a specific queue for queries going through hiveserver2?

Chen Song

View raw message