hive-user mailing list archives

From "Sundaramoorthy, Malliyanathan " <malliyanathan.sundaramoor...@citi.com>
Subject Hive Read from Reducer : Is it advisable ?
Date Tue, 07 Oct 2014 18:50:00 GMT
Hi,
We are making Hive read to few files in HDFS from Reducer(s) part of a map-reduce job,

This works good when launching few reducers ( say 5). But when we launch more that, the initial
connection to Hive Server2 takes longer time( around 10 mins ).
We have configured hive-site.xml to allow parallel execution .

1.      Is this advisable to read HDFS data via hive from reducers. ? or what are the best
practices for this scenario ?

2.      Is there a way increase hive concurrent access performance

Regards,
Malli