hive-user mailing list archives

From Geoffry Roberts <threadedb...@gmail.com>
Subject Getting Started with Hive 0.13.1 ClassNotFound
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2014 18:21:59 GMT
I'm sure this is a classpath issue but where?

I am getting started with hive 0.13.1.  Hadoop 2.4.0 is up and running.  I
installed hive from a tarball and followed the directions. But when it came
time to start:

$HIVE_HOME/hcatalog/sbin/hcat_server.sh start

I get a CNFE: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStore

No doubt we have a class path issue here but how to fix?  The class in
question is in $HIVE_HOME/lib/hive-metastore-0.13.1.jar

I have HIVE_HOME and HIVE_CONF_DIR set up.

--
There are ways and there are ways,

Geoffry Roberts