hive-user mailing list archives

From Echo Li <echo...@gmail.com>
Subject UDTF "KryoException: unable create/find class" error in hive 0.13
Date Mon, 08 Sep 2014 23:44:21 GMT
I wrote a UDTF in hive 0.13, the function parse a column which is json
string and return a table. The function compiles successfully by adding
hive-exec-0.13.0.2.1.2.1-471.jar to classpath, however when the jar is
added to hive and a function created using the jar then I try to run a
query using that function, I got error:

org.apache.hive.com.esotericsoftware.kryo.KryoException: Unable to find
class: class_name

I went through all steps in a lower version hive (0.10) everything works
fine, I searched around and seams that is caused by the ‘kryo” serde, so my
question is, is there a fix? and where to find it?

thank you.