hive-user mailing list archives

From siva kumar <>
Subject Re: audit hive query
Date Mon, 22 Sep 2014 12:45:48 GMT
Hi Dev,
            When i run the hive query in hive shell, the query is stored in
hive history file at default location.Since my metastore is sql for hive
whenever i create a table with some columns in hive shell,it gets populated
in sql metastore database.Simillarly,all the queries should be popoulated
in a sql table. I want to view the hive queries over a period of
time populated in a sql table, but not through the web browser. Can
u suggest me some idea on dis scenario.

Thanks and regards,
On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 9:18 AM, Devopam Mittra <> wrote:

> Please check .hivehistory settings and it might be of easy / simple good
> help .
> If you are on Ambari based installation then simply looking into Resource
> Manager UI should suffice the need.
> If you are on native hadoop, then you can access the Yarn log through web
> browser as well.
> Hope this helps
> regards
> Dev
> On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 4:01 PM, siva kumar <> wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>           I have a requirement to view the recently executed Hive queries
>> in sql. I have configured sql as metastore to hive and im able to view hive
>> tables,columns,partitions in sql . Simillarly,i need to view the hive
>> queries executed on hive data.
>> Any help is appreciated,
>> sivakumar.c
> --