hive-user mailing list archives

From Prakash Hosalli <prakash.hosa...@syncoms.com>
Subject Hive or phoenix
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2014 09:48:10 GMT

Hi,

                I am in dilemma to  go ahead with Hive or phoenix.

                My requirement is achieving  "Low Latency" for the query.

                I went through both one with suitable records of data and I got following
output.

1.       Hive ran all aggregation query with help of MR and took around 5 Mins (approximately)
with 1 Lakh of data.(With join, where clause, AND).

2.       Same query with Phoenix it took less than 30 seconds.

But, Phoenix is not support its own security layer, which is concern to me. I need some clarification
on following points

1.       Is it possible to run MR as a pre-complied one rather than on fly. If yes, then what
are the step to take to fulfil this one.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,
Prakash Hosalli