hive-user mailing list archives

From <praveen.baaleb...@wipro.com>
Subject trouble starting hiveserver2
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2014 08:22:39 GMT
Hi,

I am unable to start service hiveserver2 on windows. I am starting this service to configure
ODBC connection to Excel.

I am issuing the following command to start the service:
> hive.cmd --service hiveserver2

It is not throwing any errors. When I am running with "echo on" option. I can see its trying
to run following command

c:\hive\bin>call C:\hadoop\bin\hadoop.cmd jar C:\hive\lib\hive-service-0.13.1.ja
r org.apache.hive.service.server.HiveServer2

Neither script exits nor I get any error messages after this.

Following is my hive-site.xml settings:

<property>
  <name>hive.server2.servermode</name>
  <value>thrift</value>
  <description>Server  mode. "thrift" or "http".</description>
</property>

property>
  <name>hive.server2.transport.mode</name>
  <value>binary</value>
  <description>Server transport mode. "binary" or "http".</description>
</property>

<property>
  <name>hive.server2.thrift.port</name>
  <value>10000</value>
</property>

<property>
  <name>hive.server2.thrift.bind.host</name>
  <value>localhost</value>
 </property>

<property>
  <name>hive.server2.authentication</name>
  <value>NONE</value>
</property>

Regards,
Praveen.